O B J E C T I V E S
- Explain what a liquid is and how liquids differ from solids and gases.
- Explain how force is transmitted through a liquid.
- Define the following terms: pressure, head, atmospheric pressure, vacuum, laminar flow, turbulent flow, velocity, and flow rate.
- Describe the relationship between pressure and flow in a hydraulic system.
- List the main components of a basic hydraulic circuit and describe the function of each component.
- Describe the basic operation of an automatic venting circuit.
- Describe the basic operation of an accumulator circuit.
- Describe the basic operation of a regenerative circuit.
S U B J E C T S
- Characteristics of Liquids
- Pressure and Flow
- Circuit Components
- Typical Hydraulic Circuits