Desmond Morris has helped people think increasingly about the messages we send and receive through our bodies, and the very practical body language techniques we can apply at work.
Body language is an often overlooked element of communication. In every aspect of our lives it can be used to help us appreciate what other people are really thinking and feeling as a tool to utilise ourselves in our dealings with others.
The core programme (21 min) covers the all-important first impression - eye contact, gesture and posture; mirroring; body language that contradicts the spoken word; people's sensitivity to their personal space.
The three subsequent modules examine how to put messages across to others without distracting, misleading and making unconscious mannerisms:
- For managers (15 min) Body language is a vital part of communicating with others in meetings, presentations, interviews.
- For sales people (15 min) They must understand their own and the prospect's body language to seal their opportunities.
- For the front line (15 min) Dealing with the public means reassuring people under stress.
- Delivers practical advice and techniques that can be applied immediately
- Suitable for one-to-one and one-to-group communication
- Targeted at managers, salespeople and front-line personnel