Products: 1 - 10 of 10

Products Per Page
Product View Style
Actuators
O B J E C T I V E S Cylinders Describe the basic components and operation of a single-acting load-return cylinder. Describe the basic components and operation of a single-acting spring return cylinder. Describe the basic components and operation of a telescoping cylinder. Describe the basic componen... read more
Component Inspection and Replacement
O B J E C T I V E S Removal and Inspection Describe general precautions and preparations for safely removing and disassembling components from a hydraulic system. Describe typical procedures for disassembling and inspecting valves that are commonly used in hydraulic systems. Describe typical procedu... read more
Diagrams
O B J E C T I V E S Symbols Identify symbols used to represent the basic parts of a hydraulic circuit. Identify types of lines represented on a hydraulic schematic diagram. Identify symbols used to represent the following pumps: unidirectional fixed displacement, bi-directional fixed displacement, u... read more
Fluid and Reservoirs
O B J E C T I V E S Hydraulic Fluid Describe the functions of the fluid in a hydraulic system. Describe properties that are considered when hydraulic fluid is selected for a specific application. Describe the basic characteristics of various types of hydraulic fluid. Explain how filters and strainer... read more
Principles and Circuits
O B J E C T I V E S Principles Explain what a liquid is and how liquids differ from solids and gases. Explain how force is transmitted through a liquid. Define the following terms: pressure, head, atmospheric pressure, vacuum, laminar flow, turbulent flow, velocity, and flow rate. Describe the relat... read more
Pumps
O B J E C T I V E S Types of Pumps Describe the basic operation of a hydraulic power circuit. Describe the role of a pump in a typical hydraulic power circuit. Describe how positive displacement pumps work and explain why they are used in hydraulic power circuits. Describe the differences between a ... read more
Routine Maintenance
O B J E C T I V E S General Recommendations Describe what routine maintenance is, and state its purpose. Describe four steps involved in establishing a routine maintenance program. Describe personal protective equipment and clothing that should be worn by personnel performing routine maintenance tas... read more
Troubleshooting
O B J E C T I V E S Problem Analysis Identify prerequisite knowledge and skills that mechanics should have in order to troubleshoot hydraulic systems effectively. Identify the basic steps of the troubleshooting process. Describe the process of identifying a problem and taking preventive action in im... read more
Valves 1
O B J E C T I V E S Valve Basics Define flow and describe its function in a hydraulic system. Define pressure and describe its function in a hydraulic system. Explain the functions of valves in a hydraulic system. Explain the term throttling. Identify and describe a typical needle valve. Identify an... read more
Valves 2
O B J E C T I V E S Flow and Directional Control Describe what a non-adjustable orifice is and what it does. List three factors that affect throttled flow through a valve. Describe how a pressure-compensated flow control valve works. Describe how a temperature-compensated flow control valve works. I... read more