Products: 1 - 12 of 12

Products Per Page
Product View Style
101 American English Idioms
Understanding and Speaking English Like an American
Harry Collins has arranged common everyday idioms into nine lighthearted sections – including • The Body Has Many Uses • People Do the Strangest Things • When Things Go Wrong • When Things Go Wel and more.And he has turned them over to the expert hands of Mario Risso, whose wonderfully humorous cart... read more
Accent Training
Learn changes required to effectively create a variety of accents. Not just samples for imitation, but systematic lessons:Lilt, Stress, Resonance, & Pronunciation. American Southern Boston Chicago Down East New England Mid-West Farm & Ranch New York City 4 Texas Dialects Upper Class New England (Ken... read more
Accents & Dialects for Stage and Screen
This easy-to-follow yet incredibly detailed 354-page book is the industry standard on accents and dialects of the English language. This is the updated, improved and perfect-bound 2011 edition.You get not only a proven system of instruction instead of mere voice mimicry, but an invaluable collection... read more
American Tongues
Winner of the George Foster Peabody Award.
Southerners talk too slowly. New Yorkers are rude. New Englanders don't say much at all. Anybody who lives in the U.S. knows the clichés about how people in the various parts of the country handle the English language. American Tongues is the first documentary to explore the impact of these linguist... read more
Business English Meetings
American English Interactive CD-ROMS
An interactive professinal development tool for nonnatives to learn about the language and culture of North American business meetings. Features: • Opening a meeting • Making a presentation • Disagreeing. Each unit contains: • Video dialogues • Audio scripts (for the videos) • Clickable words an pic... read more
Dialect Training Pack 2: British & Irish Dialects
This CD demonstrates all the signature sounds of the accent or dialect in word lists, then gives the sounds in practice sentences, finally building up to more difficult practice sentences. Also demonstrates rhythm, intonation, phrasing and tonal placement, giving plenty of practice material. Phoneti... read more
North American Idioms, Customs and Culture
Learn colloquial English, Customs and Culture of North America • 192 Idioms • Click on any one to get a written definition and at least two examples of usage • The real fun begins when you click the Video icon • As entertaining as instructive
Pronunciation Power 1
Beginner ESL: • Lessons & Exercises • Educational Phonics Games • Dynamic Karaoke Style Sentences • Record & Playback • Translation in 12 Languages
Pronunciation Power 2
•Detailed Animated Graphics • New Wave-Form Technology • Interactive Lessons & Exercises • Record & Playback • New S.T.A.I.R. ( Stress, Timing, Articulation, Intonation, Rhythm)
Pronunciation Power Idioms
This CD uses memorable and unique pictures to aid you in remembering your idioms!
TOEIC Pronunciation in American English
"This course has definitely given me to ability to recognize my pronunciation defects. It is a superb multimedia software with a good flow of the subject. I would recommend all non-native speakers to undertake this course"-Sunil Chitnis, Software Engineer, 3COMThis CD-ROM has helped me improve my pr... read more