Various members of the team discuss what they see as unprofessional behavior. Cutting Edge Corporation has a Book of Rules listing unprofessional behaviors. These are set out and explained by team members:
1. Being Rude – examples of Carol being aggressive and insulting to her colleagues.
2. Taking Supplies – staff taking office equipment. It is illegal.
3. Personal Media – can be distracting and invasive of people’s privacy.
4. Inappropriate Dress – clean and neat, not provocative.
5. Name Calling – insulting or racist remarks may be against the law.
6. Flirting – stepping over boundaries of acceptable behavior.
7. Relationships at Work – personal relationships with colleagues should be kept out of the office.
8. Touching – some gestures are acceptable, but many are not acceptable.
Key Learning Points
“People understand professional behavior. Yet many behave unprofessionally at work.”
BEHAVE PROFESSIONALLY AT WORK
Don’t be rude and insensitive
INSTEAD: Show respect to others
Don’t abuse privileges
INSTEAD: Be responsible and trustworthy
Don’t flirt or misbehave
INSTEAD: Maintain professional relationships
Don’t mix personal and business
INSTEAD: Manage boundaries
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.